Zadie dress

Today I made the Zadie dress from Tilly&the Buttons. I have been eying this pattern for a while, but been very hesitant, as I LOVE her designs, but haven’t found her patterns to be very well done, quite frankly. I have made some of Tillys patterns a few years ago and hated them, as the pieces didn’t fit together etc. But, in the end I decided I love this design so much that I was willing to do all the fitting it would take.

Much to my surprise this dress required no fitting at all! All the pieces fit beautifully together, and the imperfections in this dress is only due to my impatience – I could have spend more time on those corners! I have added 1″ in the upper half of the dress, and 1″ in the lower half, and before I cut the fabric I trimmed all sew allowances on the paper pieces to 1 cm, as I find that 1,5 cm makes it difficult for me to be precise. Other than that, this is a straight size 10. The fabric is viscose/ rayon jersey from Stof&stil, 0,363 kg/ meter.

This dress is easy to sew, but a bit of a pain, as it requires a lot of detailed sewing. For this first one, I followed the sewalong, and it took me by the hand through every step. I might change the way of construction for future versions, as I am not a fan of using my regular sewing machine in knits. I printed the pattern yesterday and cut the fabric and sewed the dress up today in 4 hours. So an easy project definitely.

I took forever deciding the colors, and then ended up with these sort of dull colors. But I just could not decide! I got inspired by this version, and I do agree with her that the matching of colors on the bodice and sleeves do elongate the body. However, I am totally planning a color-splash version with no matching!

Skriv et svar

Din e-mailadresse vil ikke blive publiceret. Krævede felter er markeret med *