I need some layering pieces for the Danish summer; it can go very quickly from warn to chilly! So I made the Zebra in a heavy sweatshirt knit with zero stretch. It came out much better than I expected, as I worried that the pattern needed some stretch.
I added 3 cm to body length and sleeves, but removed it from body length again when I added the waist band – I have removed the length from the sleeves in the pattern pieces as well as I don’t need it. This is very rare for me as I am tall with long arms.
I will surely make more as I really love the dramatic sleeve. I will make it in a lighter fabric too, mid-weight would be great I think.
I will omit the waist band in the next, in stead making the body longer and just turn up.